Intermediate Mechanical Engineer
Orbis Engineering Field Services Ltd. is seeking a suitable candidate for an Intermediate Mechanical Engineer with 5+ years of experience leading and executing mechanically or structurally based projects. Experience in designing and drafting, coordination of subcontractors and outside engineering firms, and supervising and coordinating construction is required.
- Provide technical and engineering support for the layout, design and evaluation of mechanical equipment for industrial plants and related infrastructure (including HVAC).
- Execute sizing calculations and specifications for pumps, piping, pressure vessels, heat exchangers and other industrial equipment.
- Responsible for project management including, contractor and trade coordination, man-hour estimating, budget and scope control, and scheduling.
- Prepare project documents and review those prepared by others for scope, presentation and technical accuracy.
- Establish strong relationships with department managers, sub-contractors, clients and other team members to coordinate and ensure the compatibility of design.
- Supervise and mentor junior staff, including assigning work and evaluating technical competence.
Education & Experience
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Member of APEGA required.P.Eng designation considered an asset.
- At least 5+ years working experience in similar capacity.
- Any engineering, construction, industrial or manufacturing experience considered an asset.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Solidworks considered an asset.
- Able to provide technical leadership.
- Able to work with a variety of personality types.
- Thrive in a flexible, fast paced and dynamic organization.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written).
- Demonstrate problem solving skills and self-initiative.
- Eager to help and support others in their work.
- Pays attention to the details.
- Always looking for ways to improve themselves and their work.
- Want the best for the company/for the group.
- Strong sense of family and community.
- Demonstrate a strong business and service sense.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada (a copy of a valid work permit may be required).
- Travel and out of town work.
- Willingness to work overtime.
- Pre-employment drug and alcohol test.
- Clearance on a security background check (criminal record check).
- Completion of complete medical (to access certain client sites).
- Driver's license and clean driving record.
This position will spend half of the time in the office and half of the time in the field at client sites throughout Western Canada. This position will report to the Engineering Manager.
Salary will be compensated based on experience and qualifications of successful candidate. Orbis offers an excellent healthcare benefit package, employee RRSP matching contribution program, as well as a competitive salary. Employees start with 3 weeks’ vacation, plus annual personal days.
Please email your resume and cover letter to Orbis Engineering at email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Application Deadline is Friday May 30, 2014.